The Department of Surgery and Anaesthesia was established as part of the Department of Clinical Studies in the early 1960s. The fast developing scope of information in the veterinary field made it indispensable to establish a separate department under the name of Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology from early to late 1970s. Further and new information in the field of surgery and anaesthesia paved the way in 2002 for the creation of a separate department carrying the name of Surgery & Anaesthesia.
The department teaches three theoretical and practical undergraduate sylabi:
- Fourth level (semester 8) general surgery and anaesthesia.
- Fifth level (semester 9) special surgery I.
- Fifth level (semester 10) special surgery II.
The department offers postgraduate training and qualifications for students at M.V.Sc & PhD levels in the field of Surgery, Radiology & Anaesthesia.
The department participates effectively and constantly towards social development via:
- Essential veterinary services to the surrounding community through well - established clinic and mobile Clinic.
- Extension services for the animal farm.
- Field training of postgraduate students.
Teaching and technical staff:
1 Associate Professor